Friday, August 21, 2009

Reflections

Summer is almost over. In some ways I am ready. I need my own room back, and the friends that I love, and excitement. My summer internship on campus has been rather enjoyable and I've improved my writing skills. Hopefully.
This summer I've strayed from the person I always used to be. I stopped trying in many aspects and I've really adopted a go-with-the-flow, do-what-feels-good-now attitude (goes along with my attempt to be a bohemian hippy.) I'm having fun and that's what matters to me now. I know what's right and where I should be, but I'm just tired of trying so hard and always feeling guilty because I fall short. So I've stopped the comparing and striving. And I like it. For now.

I am so excited for the different organizations I'm involved with. I thrive when I'm busy and stressed. Executive board for PRSSA will bring me great experience and professional contacts...looking forward to the PRSSA National Conference in San Diego!!! Also, I will be very active in Student Senate still, we're revamping Senate's image and attempting to make it an organization that is useful and cool. I designed our t-shirt this summer and have already been working on a newsletter that needs to go out the second week of school. Senate Awareness Week is Week 2 so I've already started preparing for that. We'll see how aware we can make people, ha.

Living in a quad will be interesting. I have no doubts that we'll all respect each other and have a blast. Most of us are very easy-going and we all love people so we plan to have visitors 24/7 and big potlucks often. The only downside is having to walk a MILLION miles to get to civilization aka the center of campus.

I've acquired a new boyfriend-character in the past month and we'll see how that plays out... It's been awhile since I've had someone and I've gotten really comfortable with being single so it's definitely a transition. He's a football player so I'll actually be attending fball games this year and attempting to learn how the game works. ha, wish me luck.

Annd..I'm looking forward to the end of winter quarter when I will be traveling to Madrid, Spain for a few months of studying abroad. It is a dream come true for me to live in Europe. But I can also see that it is going to be extremely difficult. Not only speaking the language and adapting to city life, but also the homesickness and knowing that my friends are all having fun together. And missing the graduation of all of my close friends considering most of them are P6s and seniors. Rough time ahead. But also rewarding I'm sure.

No comments: