Saturday, October 4, 2008

tweet tweet Week 5

I attended Billy Fischer's talk about social media at PRSSA last week. The students at the meeting must be crazy if they weren't motivated to jump into the social media realm after hearing him speak. His enthusiasm for what he was talking about definitely impacted me. The next day I created a twitter account and started checking it out. It is confusing. I need to spend more time using it, but so far I am lost. With the little "@" symbols everywhere and sentence blurbs, I'm not sure where to go or what to look at. (I did find some new ONUers on the site who also jumped on the twitter bandwagon after PRSSA.) I soon foresee myself becoming a twitter addict and knowing the site inside and out considering I went through the same process with xanga, myspace, and facebook. At first, all of the gadgets and technology are intimidating, but once I break it down and dig into the site, I realize how simple and straightforward it can be.
Now I need to visit LinkedIn and SlideRocket...

1 comment:

Amber's blog said...

I feel the same way. Every time I hear a speaker I feel like I should join all these social media outlets and so forth. I also feel out of the loop because I'm not constantly checking Twitter, LinkedIn or Open Mic. I'm apart of all these groups yet I check them very little. I'm trying to become hooked but there is not enough time in one day. Plus, like you I get so confused looking at everything each web site has to offer. So here is my solution, become hooked on maybe one or two, like you mentioned you are going to get hooked on Twitter. Well, don't overwhelm yourself. Although I think all these are great outlets for networking I don't think that being a part of all of them will really get you that much of an "up" compared to others. So, you have the right idea. I should be taking some of my own advice, haha! Nice post!